I am reading a book called Vanished by Joseph Finder. It is about how a married couple get attacked and then 24 hours later the wife wakes up in the hospital. Then she is given the news that her husband has gone missing. Her brother ( Nick Heller) is a detective. He is called to the job to help find his sisters husband Roger. When I read the back cover I thought that the plot was very corny. The way they described Nick was like 1000 other books and movies and the fact that he is relatives with the victim makes a unrealistic drama effect to the whole story. On the brighter side, I picked out this book because I really like mystery and crime. I think it really makes the reader have to attentive to find all of the little clues and details hidden in the text. I also think that this genre brings a suspense from page to page. I am not finished with the book but I really like the flow of the events in it. I think that the story unravels without being rushed so it has time to sprinkle hints here and there. I also like that each sign of badness is linked all to the same large conspiracy.
I saw you reading this in class and was looking at the blurb it looks very interesting
ReplyDelete